The Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Atlanta and KTN MEDIA are
co-hosting the fourth annual United States South-eastern Regional* Preliminary
of the 2019 K-Pop World Festival.
* Georgia, Alabama, Tennesse, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Puerto Rico
1. Date/Time : Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 2:00 pm
※ All participants must be present by 9:00 am for registration and rehearsal.
2. Location : KTN Ballroom (4675 River Green Parkway, Duluth, Georgia 30096)
- Please be informed that the first round of the competition will be
on online audition. Applicants selected by a panel of judges will be
given an opportunity to perform or sing at the Regional
- To apply, be sure to film and upload your performance video on
YouTube, and send the completed application with your video link
to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, May 26, 2019.
- The finalists for the Regional Preliminary in Atlanta will be
announced on the website of the Consulate General of the Republic
of Korean in Atlanta and the KTN website on Monday, June 3,
4. Eligibility and Requirements
1. Personal Status
- Must be a foreign national other than Korean
- Must eligible to travel to Korea.
- Must reside in the southeastern U.S. region.
- Applicants whose parents have ever held Korean citizenship are not
eligible to enter the 2019 K-Pop World Festival Regional Preliminary in
Atlanta. Those with one parent who has held Korean citizenship can
join the preliminary.
2. Group Formation
- For groups in the vocal category : Total number of dancers
must not exceed 2 persons (no limitation on the number of
- For groups in the performance category : There is no limitation
on the number of group members, but it is highly recommended
for the group to have the same number of members as the
original K-pop group.
5. Results and Prizes
- Results of the preliminary will be announced immediately after the
end of all performances.
- Interviews with the winners of the competition will follow the
a) The top three performing groups from the Vocal and
Performance category will be awarded trophies and other
b) The top winner from Vocal and Performance will advance to
the next round in which the winners will be judged again by
the winners’ video. The selected winners of the final rounds
will be invited to perform at the World Final Round of the
2019 Changwon K-Pop World Festival on October 11th as the
United States representative(s).
※ The U.S. representatives will stay in Korea for two weeks for a variety of
activities such as lessons for voice and dancing, and Korean cultural
experiences. All expenses for travel including round-trip airfare,
accommodation, and meals will be offered by the organizer.
- Should you have any questions regarding this competition, please