Casting Process Technician
Location Auburn, AL
Contact Name Quintessa Chambers
Phone (334) 737-6550
General Purpose of the Job Function
The Casting Process Technicians ensures all Gimas are working properly, performs inspections on wheels, troubleshooting problems with Gimas, assist with mold changes if needed.
Direct: Foundry Supervisor
Indirect: Director of Foundry
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure all Gima’s in your section are running and functioning properly.
• Coordinate with X-Ray Technician and or casting Engineer when structural failures occur so that you can take proper course of action to eliminate X-Ray scrap.
• Maintain the proper amount of coating on all molds in the section you are responsible for by checking the condition of the dies a minimum of 3 times per shift.
• Work with casters on identifying and repairing all cosmetic issues and checking the first good wheel after the cosmetic repair is completed with your Supervisor.
• Perform visual inspections on all wheels running in your section at the designated
inspection area a minimum of 3 times per shift.
● Refer to work instruction to maintain required customer critical characteristics.
● Work closely with Die Maintenance and or Maintenance on Gima downtime i.e. (Frozen
Sprue’s, Hydraulic issues, Gima Furnace issues, and conveyor issues) to insure that the
Gima is brought back into production as soon as possible.
• Supervise and coordinate activities of team members in achieving department performance objectives
• Train team members in work guidance procedures and ensure all work is being performed within the guidelines of the control plan.
• Maintain work performance within the guidelines of TS16949.
• Lead team members in continuous improvement of performance objectives by:
Analyzing data to identify the most significant issues preventing improvement of performance data.
Conducting team member brainstorming sessions to identify potential action plans for correcting problems.
Follow-up on action plan implementation and verify the effect on improvement of the data.
Ensuring team members understand and enter correct data.
• Participate as a cross-functional team member on focused continuous improvement teams as required.
• Issue corrective actions as necessary and maintain accurate records of such activities.
• Ensure line operations are operating effectively, efficiently and in accordance with safety standards.
• Ensure proper housekeeping is maintained at all times in the work area.
• Set-up, schedule and follow-up maintenance and repairs on machines and tooling as required.
• Performs other duties as directed.
Skills required / desired
• Candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skill.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to work with others in a team environment at all levels i.e. supervisor, maintenance associates and team members.
• Manufacturing experience with an understanding of processing equipment, product realization and quality standards.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum two years’ experience with O.E.M. requirements preferred.
• Basic Mechanical Skills required
• Basic computer skills required
• Experience as an operator in a heavy industrial casting environment preferred.
Some travel will occur / Passport required
Physical Requirements • This position requires a person to have the ability to perform work while standing for up to twelve (12) hours on a continuous basis. • This position requires a person to have the ability to stand, walk or climb stairs a minimum of twelve (12) hours on a continuous basis. • This position requires the ability to lift up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis and 60 pounds on an infrequent basis.
• Must frequently be able to reach and handle parts. • Must be capable of performing a full range of repetitive motion for up to eight (8) hours a day.